Joanne12

Joanne12

The Vespertine

The Vespertine - Saundra Mitchell I really really liked this book. When I first read the book, I was expecting not to like it but I did. I really liked all of the characters which is something new for me because in almost every book there is a character I don't like or hate.

I loved the character of Amelia and I loved the friendship she had with Zora. I loved Amelia's romantic interest, Nathaniel, who was sexy by the way.. lol. I also liked Thomas because of the way he was with Zora and how much of a gentle man he was.

The paranormal aspect of the book was good too- Amelia's visions and Nathaniel's teleport ability. I just wished that more information was given about these powers and where they came from. The romance between these two was fun to read as the characters started out flirting and then fell in love. I love the part when Nathaniel says "Jump with me" and that Amelia does which shows how much they love and trust each other. I'm so glad that they found each other in the end and are together. I would have been truly pissed if they didn't end up together

I was unhappy with Thomas' death. That part really sucked because Zora and Thomas were absolutely perfect together. I mean I know that something has to go wrong in a paranormal book but I hate it when authors kill off the good characters.