Joanne12

Joanne12

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) - Laini Taylor I really liked this book even though it took me forever to read. I like how Karou lives in two worlds: The human and the Chimera world. Parts of the book were frustrating because you have no idea about the chimera world. Your kept out of the loop just as much as Karou is.

I like how Karou is the kick ass heroine of the book with her blue hair and tattoos. I also liked how she was an artist and drew her "monster" family. She is a strong independent characters and there are not a lot of women characters like her in young adult books. While she loves Akiva she doesn't need him which she proves at the end when she goes through the portal without him. She's not blinded by her love for him. He did something horrible and shes not like ok well I forgive you because your so beautiful and yadda yadda. She actually leaves him (which is kinda sad bc I like him n want them together..mayb in the next book).

I Like Akiva too besides that fact that hes hott. lol. I like how he went through so much in his life and when he meets Karou he is still able to find it in himself to love and hope again. I also liked how he fell in love with the "enemy" in the first place as well and that he wanted peace between the two races. Then everything went to hell and he became a hard vengeful solider until he met Karou.

I also really liked Brimstone and Issa too. I like how Brimstone is described as being physically scary and hard but it a big softy on the inside when it came to Karou. The dynamic between Brimstone and Karou remind me of the relationship between Buffy and Giles in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer t.v. show.

I also really liked the chimera and serphim world that was created in the book. The different kinds of Chimera that were described was amazing. I would never have though these creatures up. Some authors have great imaginations. The whole idea of resurrection with teeth, magic and pain was cool too.